Health is Fitness
I Can Be Your Personal Trainer
|Master Willie Baker, Shorin-Ryu Karate|
I began my training at age 8 under the tutelage of Clarence Johnson, student of Grand Master Henry Wilson, and am now entering my fourth decade of learning and teaching Karate with a focus on the Japanese Style Shorin-Ryu.
At age 18 I entered the military. There I met Master Hikeen, who I studied under for four years learning Muay Thay. During my time in the military, I continued to fight and kata in dozens of martial arts tournaments. Upon leaving the military, I returned to
I currently have three Karate Dojos. One Dojo is located in
I currently teach Karate classes here for adults and children. I also have more than 30 years of experience and education in fitness and personal training. I have developed an array of weight training programs that fit all ages, genders, sizes, and experience. Whether you are just starting out and want to shed the weight, or feel you have reached your peak, I can take you to the next level. If you don’t want to workout on your own, bring your wife, brother, sister, or a friend and I can put you through one of my group weight training programs.
In addition to Karate and personal training, I also teach a six week “boot camp” style class that runs three times a week for one hour. The class is designed to shred fat and build lean muscle mass and has been very successful since its inception.
Also, I teach a women’s self defense class and a self defense class for everyone. Throughout these classes I will give you the knowledge, conditioning, and training needed to get away from an attacker. Each individual’s training needs are different and I will take the time to discover what program fits you best.
1. In Progress - Bachelor of Science, Health and Fitness Studies
2. World Karate Union Hall of Fame, Master of the Year - 2008
3. United States Martial Artist Association, Instructor of the Year - July 2007, 2008
4. United States Head of Family Martial Arts Association, Master Instructor of Honor - November 2007
5. Member of the Maryland Professional Karate Association, Inc. - April 2008
6. Member of the Master Pro Karate Association
7. Personal Trainer Certificate, The Community College of Baltimore City, Health and Fitness Studies
8. American Aerobics Association, Inc. (AAAI) - Advanced Personal Trainer Senior Fit
9. International Sports Medicine Association (ISMA) - Advanced Personal Trainer Senior Fit